We’re excited to share that our radiology and diagnostic imaging service is growing!
We’ll soon be offering both in-patient and out-patient CT scans. A CT scan or computerized tomography combines a series of x-ray images taken in “slices” around the body to create cross-sectional images of bone, blood vessels, muscles, and soft tissues within the body.
One reason why we are so excited to have this new machine in our hospital is that many conditions that otherwise wouldn’t be seen on a traditional x-ray can now be visualized using CT images.
Benefits for in-patients:
- Added diagnostic tool for our hospitalized patients
- Aid us in making life-saving decisions for critical emergency and trauma situations
- Equip our surgeons with more precise surgical planning
Benefits for out-patients:
- Available out-patient CT appointments
- Provide a convenient and local diagnostic resource for our local referring veterinary offices
Our outpatient CT appointments will start soon, so stay tuned for updates!